January 23, 2012

...amazing sun...













January 24, Tuesday, Today. I woke up at exactly 5:45 in the morning to do my morning routine -- 30 minutes exercise. Everyone in the household is still asleep. I still heard the chirping of the wild birds and the crickets. When 30 minute workout is up, i took my coffee with pandesal (not hot). That's my usual morning routine. While waiting for everybody to get up, that's about 5:45 AM, i opened the windows to invite the sunrise in.  Amazing! i saw the sun slowly rising, though lil bit peeping behind the white clouds. The morning is so still and calm. Very refreshing! It took me almost 10 minutes to watch the sunrise. What a magnificent creation! It's a very beautiful morning today, wonderful!  My sight of the sunrise brought me back to my core which for three months or so I hadn't done, maybe because I was busy with the past months. It's good always to go to the basic --- dip into the deepest core in us and say "Lord Thank You". 



Exactly 6:00AM. I saw Rob slowly went down the stairs and say,"hi guys, goo morning" (without a d).  That's his greetings in the house upon waking up. I took him outside the house to let him see the sunrise.  Later, the house became busy for the morning household schedules. Breakfast is ready!!!!!




In the office today. Before anyhting else, I write my reflection to express my thought this morning...




















A Heart of Thankfulness
(from the book "Simple Living for Busy People) 






In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.






Have you ever wondered why God says it's so important to be grateful for what you have? One of the reasons is that a greatful heart can help you better  appreciate the simple joys and blessings in life.






A greatful heart helps you to see how rich you are in the things that matter, freeing you from the endless politics of acquisition and status. A greatful heart keeps you from chasing after the illusion of success and teaches you to be content in the plan  God has for you. It is content to be still and listen.






In the book of Luke, the story is told of 10 lepers who came to Jesus for healing. Jesus sent them on their way saying they would be cleansed and held as they went. This they all did --- except one. That leper stopped when he realized that he had been healed and ran back to Jesus, thanking and praising him.The others received their healing, but nothing more. The leperwho went back to show his gratitude went away with faith in the Son of God and the promise of more blessings to come.





Take time each day to thank God for the blessings he pours out on your life. Tell Him why you're grateful and what the specific blessing has done for you. Also take timeeach day tosay thank you to the faithful people God has placed in your life  --- the people who love you, inspire you, and make your life better. Thank them in person or in writing. And then practice your gratefulness on strangers. Tell the waitress how grateful you are for a car that runs well.











No matter how busy you are, always take time to  say thank you.  Incorporate it into your lifestyle. Soon you will find that there is less time for complaining and competing and working to get ahead and more time for reaping God's simple blessings.






"Developing a grateful heart will help you focus on the simple blessings and joys that grace yourlife"
















---000---






I came to this reflection today because I've done amazing this weekend that's worth a handful of thanks...until I saw the sunrise this morning I realized 'twas worth it...






Good Morning!!!



No comments: