January 24, 2012

Emotions : On Top of My Head...Answer Me Please...


Why am I writing this?


I take pleasure in observing people's emotions in a particular moment, event, ocassion, situation, time, and place. My eyes are kept glued at a sight that brings me interest and captures my interpretations of the "feelings at the moment". From it, I derive my own conclusions, concepts, analysis, and interpretations of a situation that cause a certain emotion ---- love, happiness, anger, etc..any emotion, for my own consumption. I get insights from it, still, for my own consumption. Take note, for my own consumption, and, believe you me? it helped me out to manage my own emotions.  Everytime I saw people deep in their "whatever" emotions, I mirror myself from them. 

From my personal experiences and observations, i learned that emotions can be dictated. It's up to you to decide what emotions you want to prevail in a situation. I call that "rational emotion" in a snap of a finger. Even in the verge of rage or happiness, one can choose how to react.  

Tapping the rational emotion side in us prevents us to uncontrollable anger, hate, obsession,and other extreme negative emotions.


Obsession. Let me share a personal experience of this feeling.

I was in my freshman in college. I had a roomate, let me call her "Sophie", who is very much my senior. She stood as our Ate among us in the room. It's the dormitory tradition that seniors will act as Big Sis to the newbees. As Ate, I looked up at her everytime I had personal concerns in school. Sophie has a fiance. Let me call him  "Noli". Also a senior. Normally, we call him Kuya too.  We, roomates, find their relationship very ideal. We expected their relationship for keeps. However,  without Sophie's knowledge, Noli is a married person. To make the story short, it reached to Sophie's awareness. Eventually, they parted ways, Noli, in the middle of the semester, stopped school. Sophie, on the other hand, stayed, but, worst thing happened. She attempted to end her life. Only she was rescued to the last minute. Her life became miserable . It drove her crazy. She was on her thesis writing when she quitted school, so misdirected, depressed, thinking it's the end of her world without Noli.


My remark : This is an extreme feeling of "love" to a person who cannot met a lover's expectation, instead, brought disaster to his lover's whole life. How does an emotional schema like this be managed? Personally, I too found it hard. I hadn't got into it.
What about you? If you are reading this, post your answer in the comment stream below this blog. thank you.

Rage and Hatred. Here is another extreme negative emotion.

For me anger is a normal feeling of annoyance to something against  our expectation. it would be healthy if managed well. But hatred? i don't find it healthy. It's so bad, bad, bad.

This person is good at heart, friendly, funny, considerate, responsible, approachable, and family oriented. But when angry caused by very very very minute things, he becomes furious, his nose fuming with rage, lambasts, cursed friends, and becomes unreasonable. He'd plant animosity to other people close to his (considered) foes. He would ostracize himself from others, he shuns healthy conversation. Most people find him negative. This feeling would even last for more or less 5 years. 

My remark :  I find this emotion unhealthy. A person with this emotion has a very small Circle of Influence, that of Stephen Covey's. Please post your answer in the comment stream below my blog. What's wrong with with the emotion? Thank you if you can enlighten me. 

                                                              ---000---


February is fast approaching. It's a love month, so they say. Honestly, I don't know the story why February is when people most celebrate this wonderful feeling called "love".  Neither do I know where cupid came from, his race, his beginnings, his everything. As far as I know he brings an arrow that carries a magic feeling when one's  hit. With this story, I find Cupid a lil bit naughty. His naughtiness brings people to be  "crazy love" out of nowhere which sometimes ends to blag, blag, blag.....tag, tag, tag, tag...kablagghhh!!!!..

To all my friends...."love... love... love..."  even beyond Valentine's season...smile;)













   
















 




5 comments:

gatsby said...

Hay Naku,! my friend,, in LOVE, babae talaga ang talunan, is this the very reason why u still stay single? Tsaar Lang, I know u harden not ur heart...

gatsby said...

Bout rage n hatred, it depends on one's self... Your 'friend' is experiencing a dilemma he/she only knows...Yordannnn! Gihimo naman ko nimo Madam Auring! Hehe let's just cross our fingers babalik pa rin sa dati, amen.

gatsby said...

About the 'love month' February, I don't buy the idea, coz if I'm in love, I feel it outright, no exact day, month, or year to celebrate, ah basta ambiot uy! hahahaha

Mimie said...

About LOVE, I can relate because this is a normal feeling for normal people regardless of one’s sexual orientation, but not to the extent of ending my precious life. I remember years ago, a former colleague of mine and a co-Legionary whom I had infatuation (thought that time I was madly falling in love slowly LOL), told me I have suicidal tendency. He said, “I have feelings for you but not that much.” Pathetic guy after the very good friendship we had! Apart from that I looked up to him as intelligent, gentleman, and above all spiritually guided. Well, I have proven him wrong because never in my entire years of existence that I ever thought of ending my God-given life. I normally hide my feelings towards the opposite sex as much as possible, especially when I’m not sure if the feeling is mutual. Fear of rejection…this is it! I wish I have told this guy in person my life didn’t revolve around him and I would be where I am now without his existence.

ANGER on the other hand, is something I rarely feel but once I’m provoked…Bang!!! It’s like that’s it! End of friendship…I don’t like you anymore…I trusted you…I can’t be bothered…I hate you…Blah! Blah! Blah! Sometimes I feel I have emotional imbalance due to the fact that I am extreme. I’m so transparent I can’t hide it whenever I am sad, happy, annoyed or angry. Anyway like any human being this is a normal thing. The difference like you said is that it is a healthy thing when handled properly. But how can one think when he/she is experiencing negative emotion? Whenever we are in the state of anger, anything could happen in a split second. Whether one is capable of doing physical harm or abusive language during the state of anger, it could destroy friendship, love and trust.

There is only one best solution guaranteed 100%. Do you know the song, “Give them all to Jesus…shattered dreams, wounded hearts….”? This reminds me of my MSU days when I felt like it was only an hour trip or less to Heaven. Nothing beats God’s healing power. Let us not forget that we are only human beings subject to commit mistakes. If I truly love a family member, friend or anybody, I can give constructive criticism in order for the person to grow not to totally destroy him/her. If that person takes it negatively against me, then it’s up entirely to him/her. What’s more important is that I love that person and accept him/her as he/she is no matter what.

Let us not wait for Valentine’s Day to tell somebody how much we love them. I love you Josephine Yordan my friend, just the way you are! Hope to see you some time and catch up with life’s journey on earth .

jojo said...

guys...thanks for your opinions..ms.brenda well said..mave? i know u know what i meant? bayooootttt